The most dangerous writer in the world.
Tom Robbins is a best-selling, seriocomic author of complex, colorful novels with strong social undercurrents and obscure but well-researched details. Below are more interesting facts to know about him:
- Born in Blowing Rock, NC on July 22, 1932.
- Enlisted in the Air Force and spent a year as a meteorologist in Korea.
- Graduated with honors from Richmond Professional Institute (later became Virginia Commonwealth University) in 1959.
- Worked on sports desk and as a copy editor at the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Received an M.A. at the Far East Institute of the University of Washington.
- Hosted a weekly alternative radio show, Notes from the Underground, at non-commercial KRAB-FM, Seattle.
- Is a member of the Marijuana Policy Project's Advisory Board.
- Sits on the board of directors of The Greater Seattle Bureau of Fearless Ideas.
- Performed voice-over narration in Van Sant's film adaptation of Even Cowgirls Get the Blues.
There is no such thing as a weird human being. It's just that some people require more understanding than others. - Another Roadside Attraction (1971)